A full day of talks, discussions, case studies and insights on music and the creator economy on Friday 12 May 2023
CMU and The Great Escape puts the spotlight on the wider creator economy.
We’ll dissect and discuss the growing number of tools, platforms and market-places being used by creators of music to write, record and iterate music, to facilitate collaborations, and to generate new income from their creative expertise. And we’ll look at what being part of the creator economy can mean for musicians – as both creators and consumers.
Plus, we’ll review the digital tools and platforms that help frontline artists – and other creators in and beyond music – to grow their fanbases and monetise the fan relationship.
• How are music-makers utilising digital tools, platforms and communities – including the market-places for beats, stems and samples – to build their businesses, streamline their creative processes, and generate new revenues?
• For frontline artists, how can these tools be used to grow the fanbase and enhance the fan relationship, and in doing so generate new revenue streams?
• And how are music-makers using these platforms to build brands within the music community, and to find and facilitate collaborations, commissions and revenue-generating opportunities?
• Putting the spotlight in particular on the market-places for beats, stems and samples, we will look at how these services work and what role they play, as well as how rights are being organised, managed and licensed. Music-makers, entrepreneurs and legal experts discuss!
• Plus, what can the music community learn from the wider world of online creators? How are YouTube and TikTok creators, podcasters and gamers evolving their businesses? How are they using memberships, merch sales, digital gifting and brand collaborations to generate new income around their content, and how can this inform the businesses of music-makers?
MUSIC+CREATOR ECONOMY takes place on Friday 12 May 2023 at Jury’s Inn Waterfront and is open to anyone with a TGE delegate or conference pass.